Restrain the Flow™ Formulae
The name of this formula is self-explanatory: it addresses heavy menstrual flow when it derives from Spleen- and Kidney-Qi deficient not holding Blood.
Huang Qi Radix Astragali
Bai Zhu Rhizoma Atractylodis macrocephalae
Xian He Cao Herba Agrimoniae
Ce Bai Ye Cacumen Biotae
Ren Shen Radix Ginseng
Shu Di Huang Radix Rehmanniae preparata
Dang Gui Radix Angelicae sinensis
Tu Si Zi Semen Cuscutae
Xu Duan Radix Dipsaci
Jing Jie Herba Schizonepetae
Shan Zhu Yu Fructus Corni
San Qi Radix Notoginseng
Sheng Ma Rhizoma Cimicifugae
Gan Cao Radix Glycyrrhizae
Qi deficiency, Spleen-Qi and Kidney-Qi not holding Blood.
Tonify Qi to hold Blood.
Gu Ben Zhi Beng Tang and Yi Qi Gu Chong Tang
Differences from Classical Antecedent
This formula addresses deficient Qi failing to hold Blood. This is due to deficiency, not only of Spleen-Qi, but also of Kidney-Qi which leads to weakening of the Directing and Penetrating vessels. Deficiency of Qi also implies sinking of Qi and, for this reason, it is important to not only tonify Qi but also to use herbs that raise Qi (such as Sheng Ma).
- Huang Qi, Ji Un Bai Ren Shen and Bai Zhu tonify and raise Qi.
- Shu Di Huang and Dang Gui nourish Blood and direct the formula to the Blood portion
- Xian He Cao, Ce Bai Ye and Jing Jie address Blood
- Xu Duan and Tu Si Zi tonify the Kidneys and consolidate the Directing and Penetrating vessels
- Sheng Ma, in combination with Huang Qi, raises Qi
- Gan Cao harmonizes
- Shan Zhu Yu is astringent and helps Blood
This product is a dietary (food) supplement, to be taken as directed by a qualified practitioner. It is not intended to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease. Not to replace a varied diet. Not to be taken if nursing or if pregnant. Not to be consumed continuously for longer than 3 months.