Classic Chinese Formulae
The following are classical Chinese formulae with the corresponding Women's Treasure® formula.
Women's Treasure® Formulae and The Four Phases
- Maximum of Yang (at onset)
- Yang decreases rapidly
- Qi and Blood moving downwards
- Activity centred on central abdomen (Xiao Fu)
- Transformation from Yang to Yin
- Under influence of Heart for discharge of menstrual blood
- Clinical principle: invigorate Blood
- Blood and Yin relatively empty
- Yin beginning to grow
- Crossroads of Yin and Yang
- Important phase to establish good menstrual cycle
- Clinical principle: nourish Blood, tonify the Kidneys
- Chong, Ren and Du in full activity to promote ovulation
- Yang beginning to rise
- Yin at its maximum
- Transparent secretion Beginning of upward movement of Qi and Blood, often with Heat
- Physiological activity in lateral abdomen (Shao Fu)
- Clinical principle: tonify the Kidneys, strengthen Chong and Ren, tonify the Spleen, resolve Dampness
- Yang rising rapidly and approaching maximum
- Qi moves
- Yang gives warmth to Uterus to eliminate Yin pathogenic factors (Blood stasis, Cold. Phlegm)
- Clinical principle: move Qi, warm the Uterus, invigorate Blood
Ai Fu Nuan Gong Wan, Ju He Wan
Warm the Mansion™
Action: Expel Cold, warm the Uterus, tonify and warm Kidney-Yang.
Qing Re Zhi Beng Tang
Clear Empty Heat & Cool the Menses™
Action: Cool Blood, clear Empty-Heat, nourish Yin.
Bi Xie Shen Shi Tang, Bi Xie Fen Qing Tang, Si Miao San
Drain the Jade Valley™
Action: Drain Dampness, clear Heat, tonify Qi.
Bu Shen Gu Chong Wan
Action: Tonify and warm Kidney-Yang, nourish Blood, tonify and raise Qi.
Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan
Harmonizing the Moon™
Action: Invigorate Blood, dissolve masses, drain Dampness, tonify the Kidneys.
Gui Shao Di Huang Tang
Action: Nourish Blood, tonify the Kidneys, pacify the Liver, move Qi, eliminate stagnation.
Kun Bao Tang, Qi Ju Di Huang Wan
Action: Nourish Liver- and Kidney-Yin, subdue Liver- Yang, clear Empty Heat, calm the Mind, settle the Ethereal Soul.
Qi Gong Wan
Clear the Palace™
Action: Resolve Phlegm™, drain Dampness, invigorate Blood. *Contains Gluten and wheat
Tian Wang Bu Xin Tang
Action: Nourish Kidney- and Heart-Yin, clear Heart Empty Heat, calm the Mind.
Wen Dan Tang
Clear the Moon™
Action: Resolve Phlegm™, open the Mind’s orifices, pacify the Liver, move Qi, eliminate stagnation, resolve Toxic Heat, calm the Mind, settle the Ethereal Soul.
Wen Jing Tang
Warm the Menses™
Action: Expel Cold, warm the Uterus, invigorate Blood, eliminate stasis, nourish Blood, tonify and warm Kidney-Yang.
Xiao Yao San
Action: Pacify the Liver, move Qi, eliminate stagnation, nourish Liver-Blood.
Xiao Yao San
Freeing the Moon®
Action: Pacify the Liver, move Qi, eliminate stagnation, nourish Liver-Blood, tonify Spleen-Qi, calm the Mind, settle the Ethereal Soul.
Yang Jing Zhong Yu Tang
Action: Nourish Kidney-Yin, nourish the Essence, strengthen the Directing and Penetrating vessels.
You Gui Wan
Ease the Journey – Yang®
Action: Tonify and warm Kidney-Yang, fill the Essence, nourish Blood, strengthen the Will-Power.
Yue Ju Wan
Action: Move Qi, eliminate stagnation, pacify the Liver. *Contains Gluten and wheat
Yu Ling Zhu
Action: Tonify and warm Kidney-Yang, nourish the Essence, strengthen the Governing, Directing and Penetrating vessels.
Zuo Gui Wan, Er Zhi Wan, Liang Di Tang
Nourish Yin and Restrain the Flow™
Action: Nourish Kidney-Yin, clear Empty Heat.
No Classical Antecedent
Action: Subdue rebellious Qi, harmonize the Penetrating Vessel™, tonify the Kidneys, nourish Blood, calm the Mind.