Red Stirring™ Formulae
“Red” here stands for “Blood” and “stirring” refers to movement. This formula invigorates Blood in the Upper Burner.
Huai Niu Xi Radix Achyranthis bidentatae
Zhi Ke Fructus Aurantii
Hong Hua Flos Carthami
Dang Gui Radix Angelicae sinensis
Sheng Di Huang Radix Rehmanniae recens
Chuan Xiong Rhizoma Ligustici wallichii
Chi Shao (Yao) Radix Paeoniae rubrae
Tao Ren Semen Persicae
Dan Shen Radix Salviae miltiorrhizae
Yuan Zhi Radix Polygalae
Jie Geng Radix Platycodi
He Huan Pi Cortex Albiziae
Chai Hu Radix Bupleuri
Yu Jin Radix Curcumae
Gan Cao Radix Glycyrrhizae
Blood stasis in the chest and the Mind.
Invigorates Blood, moves Qi, calms the Mind and open the Mind’s orifices.
Tongue: Reddish or bluish-purple (which may be so only in the chest area).
Pulse: Choppy, Firm or Wiry.
Xue Fu Zhu Yu Tang
Differences from Classical Antecedent
Calm the Mind, open the Mind’s orifices.
P-6 Neiguan, SP-10 Xuehai, BL-17 Geshu, BL-14 Jueyinshu, Ren-17 Shanzhong, SP-4 Gongsun and P-6 Neiguan in combination, ST-40 Fenglong, with even or reducing method.
ST-36 Zusanli with reinforcing method.
Red Stirring™ is a variation of Xue Fu Zhu Yu Tang (Blood-Mansion Eliminating Stasis Decoction) which invigorates Blood in the chest. The formula has been modified to calm the Mind and open the Mind’s orifices, thus addressing the mental-emotional consequences of Blood stasis in the Upper Burner.
- Dang Gui, Sheng Di Huang, Chuan Xiong and Chi Shao form a modified form of Si Wu Tang, which invigorates Blood
- Tao Ren, Hong Hua Dan Shen and Yu Jin invigorate Blood
- The last two herbs also calm the Mind and open the Mind’s orifices
- Chai Hu and Zhi Ke and Jie Geng and Niu Xi form two couples of herbs that increase the moving effect because Chai Hu and Jie Geng go to the Upper Burner while Zhi Ke and Niu Xi go to the Lower Burner: this effect results in a movement between Upper and Lower Burner
- Yuan Zhi and He Huan Pi calm the Mind and open the Mind’s orifices
Key words: Pure Heart. Blood is the residence of the Shen.
This product is a dietary (food) supplement, as prescribed by a qualified practitioner. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent or cure any disease. Do not take if nursing or pregnant. Not intended to replace a varied diet. Not to be consumed for longer 3 months on a continued basis.