Invigorate the Root™ Formulae
The “root” here stands for Liver and Kidneys because they are the root of the other Zang organs. If we list the Zang organs in order of energetic depths, we have Lungs, Spleen, Heart, Liver and Kidneys. This formula tonifies the Yang of Liver and Kidneys in chronic Bi Syndrome.
Du Huo Radix Angelicae pubescentis
Sang Ji Sheng Herba Taxilli
Du Zhong Cortex Eucommiae
Fang Feng Radix Saposhnikoviae
Qin Jiao Radix Gentianae macrophyllae
Huai Niu Xi Radix Achyranthis bidentatae
Gui Zhi Ramulus Cinnamomi
Dang Gui Radix Angelicae sinensis
Fu Ling Sclerotium Poriae albae
Chuan Xiong Rhizoma Ligustici wallichii
Ren Shen Radix Ginseng
Qiang Huo Rhizoma Seu Radix notopterygii
Hai Feng Teng* Cortex Erythrinae
Sheng Di Huang Radix Rehmanniae recens
Bai Shao Radix Paeoniae albae
Zhi Gan Cao Radix Glycyrrhizae preparata
*In the EU and UK, Luo Shi Teng, Caulis Trachelospermi jasminoides is used instead
Wind-Dampness in the channels, Spleen-Qi deficiency, Blood deficiency, Kidney-Yang deficiency.
Expel Wind and resolve Dampness from the channels, tonify Kidney-Yang, tonify Spleen-Qi, nourish Blood.
Pulse: Deep, Weak.
Du Huo Ji Sheng Tang (Angelica pubescentis-Ramulus Sangjisheng Decoction).
Differences from Classical Antecedent
Tonify Spleen-Qi, nourish Blood, balance the tonification of Yang with a Yin tonic.
This formula, a variation of Du Huo Ji Sheng Tang (Angelica pubescentis-Ramulus Sang-jisheng Decoction), expels Wind and Dampness from the channels occurring against a background of Kidney-Yang, Blood and Spleen-Qi deficiency.
- Du Huo and Sang Ji Sheng expel Wind-Dampness from the channels, nourish the Liver and Kidneys and benefit sinews and bones
- Fang Feng expels Wind
- Qin Jiao, Hai Tong Pi and Hai Feng Teng expel Wind-Dampness from the channels
- Du Zhong and Huai Niu Xi tonify the Kidneys and Liver and strengthen the lower back
- Gui Zhi expels Cold and enters the channels facilitating the expulsion of Wind
- Dang Gui Shen, Chuan Xiong, Sheng Di Huang and Bai Shao are a modified Si Wu Tang (with the substitution of Shu Di Huang by Sheng Di Huang) and nourish and harmonize Blood which helps to expel Wind
- Ji Lin Bai Ren Shen Fu Ling Poria and Zhi Gan Cao tonify Qi and expel Dampness
- Qiang Huo expels Wind-Dampness from the top part of the body
The primary Root pattern addressed by this formula is Kidney-Yang deficiency while the main Manifestation pattern is Wind Dampness in the channels of the lower part of the body. Thus, the root, i.e. the Kidneys, are on the one hand weak, and on the other, encumbered by Wind and Dampness.
This product is a dietary (food) supplement, as prescribed by a qualified practitioner. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent or cure any disease. Do not take if nursing or pregnant. Not intended to replace a varied diet. Not to be consumed for longer 3 months on a continued basis.