Glorious Sea™ Formulae
“Sea” here is a metaphor for “skin”. “Glorious’ refers to skin with lustre and sheen. This formula addresss skin diseases deriving from Liver-Blood deficiency.
He Shou Wu Radix Polygoni multiflori preparata
Dang Gui Radix Angelicae sinensis
Tu Si Zi Semen Cuscutae
Gou Qi Zi Fructus Lycii
Sheng Di Huang Radix Rehmanniae recens
Mu Dan Pi Cortex Moutan
Fu Ling Sclerotium Poriae albae
Bai Xian Pi Cortex Dictamni
Ze Xie Rhizoma Alismatis
Huang Qin Radix Scutellariae
Gan Cao Radix Glycyrrhizae
Liver-Blood deficiency, Dampness in the skin, slight Blood-Heat.
Nourish Liver-Blood, tonify the Kidneys, nourish the skin, resolve Dampness, cool Blood.
Tongue: Pale, dry.
Pulse: Weak, choppy or fine.
LIV-8 Ququan, Ren-4 Guanyuan, ST-36 Zusanli, SP-6 Sanyinjiao, with reinforcing method.
L.I.-11 Quchi and SP-10 Xuehai with reducing method.
Glorious Sea™ nourishes Liver-Blood with particular influence on the skin and hair. It could be considered a variation of Si Wu Tang.
- Dang Gui, He Shou Wu and Gou Qi Zi nourish Liver-Blood (Gou Qi Zi also tonifies the Kidneys)
- Sheng Di Huang and Tu Si Zi nourish Kidney-Yin and tonify Kidney-Yang respectively.
- Bai Xian Pi resolves Dampness, clears Heat and clears toxic Heat with a specific affinity to the skin
- Huang Qin, Ze Xie and Fu Ling resolve Dampness and Damp-Heat and therefore eliminate Dampness from the skin
- Mu Dan Pi clears Liver-Heat and it also has an effect on the skin when this is affected by Liver-Heat: it also cools Blood
- Gan Cao harmonizes.
Liver-Blood houses the Hun (Ethereal Soul). The Hun is responsible for plans, ideas, inspiration, life dreams, creativity. The Hun likes “movement”: on a psychological level, this movement gives the Shen the above-mentioned attributes.
Blood is the “mother of Qi” but also is part of Yin. When Blood deficiency is associated with Qi deficiency, the movement of the Hun is deficient. The formula Glorious Sea™ is for the latter. The formula is for the skin where Blood deficiency and Blood-Heat prevail.
This product is a dietary (food) supplement, as prescribed by a qualified practitioner. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent or cure any disease. Do not take if nursing or pregnant. Not intended to replace a varied diet. Not to be consumed for longer 3 months on a continued basis.